COVID-19 has turned our world upside down. It has been extremely difficult on our families as we have been limited to 10 people at a memorial/graveside service. We appreciate the cooperation and understanding of our HMG family during these unprecedented times.
For the safety of our families and staff, we have had to make some very difficult decisions regarding our Memorial Day festivities. We know that many of you look forward to this special time to honor our veterans, but due to the current restrictions and the need for social distancing, we feel it is in the best interest of everyone involved.
It is with great sadness that we are cancelling these activities.
- Our traditional 2020 Memorial Day service has been cancelled.
- The Avenue of Flags will be limited to the center drive to the Tower.
- Individual flags will not be placed on each veteran’s grave.
We do not wish to restrict your ability to honor your loved ones during the Memorial Day season, but we would suggest the following for everyone’s safety.
- Practice social distancing. As you arrive at the cemetery, look toward the area around your loved ones’ grave(s) and wait to approach if there are several people in that area.
- Check our website for updates www.highlandmemorygardens.com. We will add a list of all of our veterans who have been buried in Highland Memory Gardens since Memorial Day 2019.
- Share a memory and/or photo. As a special way to remember your loved one, visit their page (go to our “Locate a Loved One” page) and share your favorite memory and/or photo! Please include the date of the photo or memorial if possible.
Thank you for your understanding. We are here to serve you. Please feel free to contact us.