Due to the Iowa Governor’s ruling regarding the Corona Virus (COVID 19), all mass gatherings are currently limited to 10 people or less. Inconvenient? Yes. Impossible? No. Necessary? Absolutely!
Here at Highland Memory Gardens Cemetery, are committed to serve our families and care for them in their time of need. Our offices and grounds remain open, yet we are taking precautions to keep our families and our employees safe.
While we regret having to take these steps, we are strictly adhering to the restrictions put in place by our government leaders:
• No more than 10 people allowed in the building. When coming to make burial arrangements, we ask that you limit the number of people coming with you – additional people will be asked to remain in the car.
• Even though it is an outside service, we are practicing “social distancing” and will allow only 10 at the graveside. This will necessitate some “creative” planning of your graveside services if you have a large family. For example,
◦ For a casket burial, allow the pall-bearers to get the casket in place and return to their cars before the family approaches.
◦ If more than 10 are at a service, please remain in your cars, allowing only 10 to approach the gravesite.
◦ When the first group have returned to their cars, the next group may approach.
◦ We suggest a time limit on time spent at the gravesite so as to let all family members come and pay their respects.
Thank you for your patience and consideration of others as we help our families say goodbye to their loved ones.